Working with our community, who are the users of the Reserve, is integral to help us transform the space into an iconic, community driven destination.
We see community engagement as a key tool to help us develop a well-researched and robust Land Management Plan that addresses the needs of both the community and stakeholders and ensures the Reserve meets existing and future needs.
Your feedback and ideas will help guide us and provide input into how the Reserve looks and is utilised in the future.
We hosted two online webinars in 2020, to keep our community up to date with the progress of the Land Management Plan, while keeping in line with COVID-19 regulations.
On Tuesday, 15 December we provided an update on the final Land Management Plan
On Wednesday, 29 July we discussed the draft Land Management Plan
- View and download the Presentation Slides
- View the Frequently Asked Questions
- You can also view the entire broadcast in our Facebook Group, Friends of Caulfield Racecourse Reserve
DRAFT LAND MANAGEMENT PLAN COMMUNITY CONSULTATION
Consultation on the draft Land Management Plan (LMP) has now closed.
We received more than 200 submissions from our community and stakeholders on the draft plan, which resulted in significant improvements being made to the final Plan. We expect to publicly release the final revised Plan in March 2021.
The Trust is also committed to achieving quick wins which will improve access, movement and activate the Reserve more immediately in the short term.
Previous Community Consultations and Engagement Activities
- Draft Land Management Plan – July/August 2020
- Issues and Opportunities Paper – October / November 2019
- Issues and Opportunities Community Workshop – August 2019
- Community Feedback Survey – July 2019
- Community Information Sessions – December 2018, May 2019, November 2019, April 2020 (via video)
- Project Advisory Group Meetings – July 2019, August 2019, November 2019, May 2020, June 2020
Thank you to everyone who has participated and contributed their thoughts and ideas for the future of the Reserve.
To stay up to date with the progress of the Land Management Plan, please join our mailing list.
The Trust has now endorsed a final Plan which is making its way through approvals before we publicly release it in early 2021.