The Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust is pleased to release the 2023 Draft Strategic Management Plan.
The Strategic Management Plan provides the long-term vision for the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve and will guide the future development of the Reserve as a premium space for racing, recreation and parkland.
The new plan adopts a precincts based approach and includes a broad range of community focussed infrastructure. Key components of the new plan include:
- Dedicated Nature, Arts and Events Precinct
- New walking and cycling tracks inside the Reserve
- Multi-purpose Sports Fields Precinct featuring all turd surfaces
- Retention and enhancement of the Reserve’s two lakes
- Indoor Recreation Precinct
- Recreation Administration Precinct with two urban forests
The Strategic Management Plan (SMP) builds on and replaces the previous Land Management Plan which was completed in 2021. The updated plan addresses a number of key areas, including:
- the addition of the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve to the Victorian Heritage Register
- providing more cost-effective infrastructure solutions, and
- a greater emphasis on sustainability and environmental outcomes
The Trust has received a broad range of interest and feedback regarding the future of the Reserve since the release of the original Land Management Plan. This input has been directly fed into the updated Strategic Management Plan which features better environment and sustainability outcomes while also planning for high quality community infrastructure.
The updated Strategic Management Plan can be viewed here, including how to make a submission.