The Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust is responsible for the planning, development, management, operation and use of the reserve for the purposes of racing, recreation and public park in accordance with the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Act 2017.
Part of the Trust’s obligation include preparing a Land Management Plan for the reserve, and The Act sets out the process that must be followed in preparing, consulting on and approving the plan.
The Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust is governed under the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Act 2017, the Corporations Act 2001 and other applicable Victorian State Legislation as outlined in the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust Governance Framework.
The Land Management Plan must satisfy the requirements of the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Act 2017, as well as the vision and principles set out by the Trust. The draft plan will be assessed against these requirements at key stages during development.
The Land Management Plan will be informed by the following:
- An understanding of the existing site conditions and site context
- An assessment of future opportunities
- Consideration of stakeholder input at key stages
- Consideration of project feasibility – costs, timing and funding
The project is governed by:
1. Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust
Role: To determine the initial vision and brief for the Land Management Plan, provide oversight and approve draft and final plans.
2. Land Management Plan Sub-Committee
Role: Oversee the development of the Land Management Plan and ensure the plan remains in line with the vision and brief set out by the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust.
3. Project Working Group (PWG)
Role: Active role in the work required to put together the Land Management Plan. Provide technical advice and input into the project.
4. Project Advisory Groups (PAGs)
Role: Provide input, direction and feedback into the project at key stages.
5. General Manager – Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust
Role: Responsible for the day to day preparation of the Land Management Plan and required to report on the progress of the plan to the Trust and Land Management Plan Sub-Committee on a regular basis.
As part of the Project Governance Framework, the Trust has three committees with the powers, obligations and responsibilities as set out in the following charters.
All Committees will also assist the Trust with its good governance practices through helping to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
The Committee shall exercise its powers in accordance with the Charters and any directions by the Trust
Land Management Plan Sub-Committee – Download Committee Charter
The purpose of this Committee is to oversee the development of the Land Management Plan (LMP) and assist the Trust to discharge its duties in this area:
- The Committee will ensure that the Land Management Plan is developed in line with the Vision and Brief as developed and endorsed by the Trust.
- The Committee will provide high-level direction on all key issues to the Project Working Group.
- A member of the Committee will attend all formal Project Working Group meetings as an observer and will communicate back to the Land Management Plan Committee any relevant information.
- The Committee will be responsible for the recommendation of Draft and Final reports for the approval and ratification of the Trust.
Finance, Audit and Risk Committee – Download Committee Charter
The purpose of this Committee is to assist the Trust to discharge its duties in the areas of:
- Financial statements and reporting
- Risk management
- Internal controls
- Internal audit
- External audit
Remuneration and Appointments Committee – Download Committee Charter
The purpose of this Committee is to assist the Trust to discharge its duties in the areas of policies for the remuneration of the Management Team:
- Policies and KPIs relating to the performance review of the Management Team
- Ensure the effectiveness, integrity and compliance of the remuneration policy and practices
- Development of position descriptions for Management Team
- Oversight of the recruitment process for Management Team
- Making recommendation on a performance review of Trustees in the discharge of their duties.