The Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust is an independent body appointed by the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change to manage Caulfield Racecourse Reserve.
On 1st August 2018, the current Trust came into effect, and is responsible for the planning, development, management, operation and use of the Reserve for the purposes of racing, recreation and public park in accordance with the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Act 2017 (The Act).
In line with our obligations under the Act, we are preparing a Land Management Plan for the Reserve, which will guide the next ten years for the site and include strategic objectives, directions and a long-term plan for the future of the Reserve.
The Act requires that all relevant government bodies, the public and stakeholders are consulted in the preparation and development of the plan.
The Caulfield Racecourse Reserve is also part of the wider Caulfield Station Precinct and the Land Management Plan will be developed in close alignment with the structure plan for the precinct.
The Caulfield Racecourse Reserve is the centre of community life. It is a community and events destination of state significance. It is also one of the premier thoroughbred racing venues in Australia. It is an accessible, vibrant, flexible and inclusive space within the broader Caulfield precinct.
Welcome to the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve – a place for everyone.
The following principles will guide the preparation and evaluation of the Land Management Plan:
- The Plan will ensure that the Reserve is an accessible, vibrant, flexible and inclusive place.
- The Plan will cater for a wide range of user groups and events.
- The Plan will be based on research and evidence, and the process of preparing the plan will be transparent.
- The Plan will ensure that the promotion, management, use and development of the Reserve are fully integrated with and contribute towards a joint vision for the wider Caulfield precinct.
- The Plan will represent best-practice for the planning and management of public land.
- The Plan will incorporate environmental sustainability initiatives.
- The Plan will be able to be delivered within a 10-year timeframe